At its core, What We Leave Behind is an inquiry to how we think about change. The project can open us up to discover the numerous choices we make on a daily basis, the impact those choices have on our environment (including our social relationships), and how we can begin to make new ones for the sake of transforming the world we leave behind.
The course is delivered online in seven parts, each with its own teaching and exercises. Each part focuses on a particular aspect of the relationship between the ideas of choice, impact, and change. In the course, you’ll learn the following ideas:
- frameworks for understanding how we make choices
- ways to interrupt ingrained habits of thought and action
- a framework for human transformation
- impact as empathy
- how impact can become imposition
- normalizing the idea of impact
- indirect action as a method of transformation
Each part includes a specific teaching around the topic and an activity to deepen the learning.